Even though many people think that cannabis is legal in the Netherlands, it is not. Only the sale in coffeeshops is allowed, however, the production of cannabis is prohibited. Cannabis is therefore illegally supplied to coffeeshops. This is about to change. Ten companies have been given a license to grow cannabis, which will supply 83 coffeeshops. Patrick Stevens has been in the cannabis industry for over 30 years and now works for Holigram, which has a license to grow 6500 kilograms of cannabis annually.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What the Dutch cannabis experiment is.
- How the licensing for cultivation took place.
- The story of Patrick Stevens and his work in the cannabis industry.
- How strains are selected for a nursery producing 6.5 tons annually.
- Where the initial genetic material comes from when cultivation in the Netherlands is illegal.